Saturday, March 28, 2009

Out like a lion? Or is this lamb?

Either way, March is on its way out! That means it's almost my birthday! Mark your calendars, people! April 27th!

The last month has brought lots of goings-on. We did a lot of work on our condo to get it looking better suited for selling, including hanging crown molding, repainting many walls, removing tons of stuff, and generally touching up the place. Eric's been putting in a lot of time at the office on a big case, and even got to argue in court for the first time last week! I've been networking with some really interesting, cool people, most of whom work at General Mills (or, "the Cereal Factory," as I like to call it) doing fun things like editing cookbooks and trying new recipes in the Betty Crocker Kitchens.

I still have not found work, but I'm looking and applying, hoping to find something sooner than later. In the meantime I'm making myself useful at the synagogue -- last week I gave a presentation at our synagogue's monthly event, "L'Chaim Mount Zion," where congregants present on topics they're knowledgeable in. I presented "Are you Friends with Facebook," an overview of Facebook (and Twitter and LinkedIn) for the uninitiated. It was quite well attended with around 16 people in my audience (apparently the goal is around 12 per session, so this was above and beyond :P ) I've also been trying to reconnect with old contacts and colleagues, and have been scheduling lots of coffee and lunch dates.

Katie and I signed up for the "Meltdown" competition -- a challenge to put in time at the gym, convert fat to muscle, and track what you eat, all in trying to get healthier/fitter -- at the YWCA back in January. We've spent the better part of the last six weeks living at the gym, trying to get in our seven hours a week of workout time so we could get full points. I'm a little burnt out now, but I've had some decent results (official results will be taken tomorrow, 3/29). Cross your fingers for us -- 1st prize is $150!

That's all for now folks -- it's time for me to get my weekend started! Hope you enjoyed the photos and video I uploaded last night from Luke's gig at Dunn Bros!

No comments: